101 step-by-step color slides with lecture notes, larynx photos and QuickTime video clips, read-only. Hyperlinks to major sections and video clips.
Accompanying Word (ACI-slidelist.doc) and Adobe (ACI-slidelist.pdf) documents list the slide titles and numbers to let you customize the order of the presentation. These documents also provide the associated reference pages and figure numbers in the 4th edition of Anyone Can Intubate to make it easier to coordinate the presentation with readings from the book. Includes pdf files of slides and slides plus notes pages for handout creation.
Presentation covers the following topics.
- how to perform basic intubation,
- equipment preparation
- assessment of the patient
- use of both straight and curved blades
- common errors
- verification of proper tube placement
- difficult situations
- differences between adult and pediatric anatomy and intubation techniques
- basic airway management
- recognizing airway obstruction
- opening the airway
- placement of oral and nasal airways
- use of mask and bag for ventilation
- placement and use of the laryngeal mask airway.